Jumping Up Mandarin Learning
ANTI-HARASSMENT AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
Jumping Up Mandarin Learning is committed to providing a work and learning environment in which all people are treated with respect and dignity. All Jumping Up Mandarin Learning related individuals, including but not limited to Jumping Up Mandarin Learning Board Members, administration staffs, teachers, volunteers, and students, and other related personnel, are expected to participate in this effort to enforce the policy.
Federal and State law, including Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Equal Employment Opportunities – 42 US Code Chapter 21 § 2000e-2(a)(1), The Ralph Civil Rights Act, Civil Code section 51.7 of California, The Bane Civil Rights Act, Civil Code section 52.1 and Penal Code section 422.6 et seq of California, prohibits various forms of discrimination and illegal harassment.
Jumping Up Mandarin Learning strictly prohibits harassment and discrimination based on all legally protected classes, including race, color, religious creed, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, learning disability, physical disability or blindness, present or past history or mental disability, mental retardation, genetic history, criminal record, political affiliation and military or veteran status. “Harassment” means any verbal, physical, graphic or written conduct when:
- Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of employment/service;
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as a basis for an employment/service decision affecting that individual; or
- Such conduct interferes with another individual’s performance or creates an intimidating, offensive or hostile environment.
Jumping Up Mandarin Learning shall not tolerate harassment on the basis of a protected class by any Jumping Up Mandarin Learning related individual whether in the workplace, at assignments outside of the workplace, at Jumping Up Mandarin Learning sponsored events or elsewhere.
Reporting Harassment and Discrimination
● Harassment and Discrimination Claimants – If you believe that you are being harassed or discriminated because of your protected class, you should immediately report the incident to anyone of the following people:
- Jumping Up Mandarin Learning Principal
- Jumping Up Mandarin Learning Board members
- Jumping Up Mandarin Learninge-mail at email@example.com or voice mail at (408) 647-6394
● Harassment and Discrimination Witnesses – Any Jumping Up Mandarin Learning related individual who witnesses harassment or discrimination prohibited under this policy or becomes aware that another individual has been subjected to such harassment or discrimination is also urged to immediately report the conduct incident via one of the channels listed above.
● Administration Staff – Any administration staff who receives a complaint about prohibited harassment or discrimination or who believes that someone is engaging in such harassment or discrimination is required to report it to Jumping Up Mandarin Learning Principal or Chairman of the Board. Ignoring such conduct is not acceptable and may be subject to disciplinary action.
Jumping Up Mandarin Learning strictly forbids retaliation against any individual who reports harassment/discrimination, or who participates in internal or external investigations of such incidents. Jumping Up Mandarin Learning related individuals shall not retaliate against, coerce, intimidate, threaten, harass, or interfere with any individual exercising his or her rights under Federal or State law, or aiding or encouraging any other individual in the exercise of such rights. All Jumping Up Mandarin Learning related individuals are required to report all instances of retaliation via one of the avenues listed above.
Jumping Up Mandarin Learning takes all complaints and reports of harassment and discrimination seriously. All complaints and reports will be investigated promptly. All Jumping Up Mandarin Learning related individuals are expected to cooperate fully with all administrative complaint investigations and any actions taken by Jumping Up Mandarin Learning as a result of such investigations.
If an investigation confirms that harassment or discrimination prohibited under this policy has occurred, Jumping Up Mandarin Learning will take corrective action promptly. Discipline up to and including discharge from services, either paid or volunteering, or from school’s activities may be imposed.