MANDARIN - BEGINNer ii
Spring 2022 quarter is offering this entry level class to maximum of 10 students with little or no Mandarin language experience. This nine weeks’ beginners hybrid course is designed to help students to learn Mandarin phonetic symbols and pronunciation using Pinyin system, and to become familiar with Mandarin characters, radical, stroke order, and cultural meanings.
- To understand and learn the basic Mandarin grammar and vocabulary. Ability to recognize basic units of language
- Can recognize everyday, high-frequency words which are immediately relevant to oneself and delivered clearly and slowly, repeated, and supported by context.
- Be able to introduce yourself and others.
Students will not only develop their ability to listen, speak, read, write within the Mandarin language, but they will have an opportunity to learn beyond the text, enriching their understanding of Chinese culture and customs.
- The class is limited to maximum of 10 students.
- Nine two-hours teacher-led in-person class meetings.
- Nine one-hour online meetings are totally real time (not asynchronous online video class) and highly interacts with our teachers.
- One to two hours each week self-paced online learning through Google Classroom.